Top best answers to the question «What type of animal is a humpback dolphin»
- INFORMATION AND CHARACTERISTICS. The Atlantic humpback dolphin is a toothed cetacean native to, of course, waters of the Atlantic Ocean but whose populations are at least 2,000 kilometers apart from each other. This species is a close relative of the Chinese white dolphin (Sousa chinensis).
- The Indo-Pacific humpback dolphin (Sousa chinensis; Chinese: 中華白海豚; pinyin: Zhōnghuá bái hǎitún). is a species of humpback dolphin inhabiting waters off the coast of Southeast Asia and Australia. Some biologists regard the Indo-Pacific dolphin as a subspecies of the Indian Ocean humpback dolphin which ranges from east Africa to India.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «What type of animal is a humpback dolphin?» often ask the following questions:
🌴 What type of animal is a humpback whale?
Like all whales, humpback whales are mammals and give live birth to very large calves. These whales are known for their singing; during courtship, the males compose intricate songs to attract females. The killer whale is the only species known to attack and eat humpback whales (always juveniles).
- Is atlantic humpback dolphin an endangered animal?
- Is australian humpback dolphin an endangered animal?
- What type of animal is a bottlenose dolphin?
🌴 What kind of animal is a humpback dolphin?
- Australian humpback dolphin jumping out of the water. This species of humpback dolphin lacks the prominent hump found in other species of Sousa, and their dorsal fin is lower and more triangular. They have grey bodies with a lighter belly, separated by a darker, diagonal “cape”.
- What type of animal is a burrunan dolphin?
- What type of animal is a clymene dolphin?
- What type of animal is a dusky dolphin?
🌴 What type of animal is a dolphin?
What is a dolphin? Dolphins belong to the group of animals that scientists call cetaceans. This means all the different types of whales,... This big group is split into two groups, baleen whales and toothed whales. Baleen whales sieve food through special...
- What type of animal is a fraser dolphin?
- What type of animal is a hector dolphin?
- What type of animal is a sarawak dolphin?
We've handpicked 20 related questions for you, similar to «What type of animal is a humpback dolphin?» so you can surely find the answer!What type of animal is a whale dolphin?
- The northern right whale dolphin (Lissodelphis borealis) is a small, slender and finless species of cetacean found in cold/temperate waters of the North Pacific Ocean. It is one of two species of right whale dolphins.
- The Atlantic humpback dolphin is a polygamous animal that mates with multiple partners throughout its life. Most of the information on the reproductive habits of this dolphin are hypotheses created from their closest relatives, the other members of the genus Sousa.
Ganges River Dolphin | Freshwater Dolphin | Species | WWF.What type of animal is the indus river dolphin?
The Indus river dolphin (Platanista minor), also known as the bhulan in Urdu and Sindhi, is a species of toothed whale in the family Platanistidae. It is endemic to the Indus River basin of India and Pakistan. This dolphin was the first discovered side-swimming cetacean.What type of animal is the irrawaddy river dolphin?
- INFORMATION AND CHARACTERISTICS. The Irrawaddy river dolphin is a species that belong to the group of oceanic dolphins. Paradoxically, it is not a dolphin exclusively of freshwater. It is closely related to the Orca (Orcinus orca), and it is one of the most threatened extant dolphins.
- The La Plata dolphin, franciscana or toninha (Pontoporia blainvillei) is a species of dolphin found in coastal Atlantic waters of southeastern South America. It is a member of the river dolphin group and the only one that lives in the ocean and saltwater estuaries, rather than inhabiting exclusively freshwater systems.
- Southern right whale dolphin. The southern right whale dolphin (Lissodelphis peronii) is a small and slender species of mammal found in cool waters of the Southern Hemisphere.
- Antelope is a miscellaneous species group (wastebasket taxon) in the Bovidae family. They are ruminants with even-toe hooves. What is the most common African antelope? The blue duiker (Philantomba monticola) is the most common African antelope, by population . Blue duiker population is 7,000,000 and is considered conservative.
In Greek mythology, Cerberus (/ˈsɜːrbərəs/; Greek: Κέρβερος Kérberos [ˈkerberos]), often referred to as the hound of Hades, is a multi-headed dog that guards the gates of the Underworld to prevent the dead from leaving.What type of animal is uguisu?
The Uguisu is a small species of bird that is natively found throughout Japan, China and Taiwan, along with a number of other regions of the far east. The Uguisu bird is also commonly known as the Japanese Bush-Warbler, as it is named for its beautifully distinctive song.What is a humpback dolphin?
- The humpback dolphin is a coastal dolphin that can be found along the coast of Africa and India south to Australia, areas differing for separate varieties. The humpback dolphin has a hump ahead of the dorsal fin, as well as a careen on a ventral side.
- Humpback whales are members of the Animal kingdom and Chordata phylum. Next in the order of classification is “class.” Humpb\\ൡck whales belong to the Mammalia class, just like humans. Mammals are warm-blooded, produce milk, have hair, give birth to liv對e young, and breathe air.
BATON ROUGE – Green blood is one of the most unusual characteristics in the animal kingdom, but it's the hallmark of a group of lizards in New Guinea. Prasinohaema are green-blooded skinks, or a type of lizard.What type of animal is a baiji?
Baiji is a Chinese word meaning "a white dolphin." This species is one of the most endangered cetaceans in the world, with a population numbering in the tens or fewer. Females are slightly larger than males.What type of animal is a bilby?
An endangered burrowing marsupial, the Bilby, Macrotis lagotis, is characterized by its long, silky blue-grey fur. Sometimes called the Rabbit-eared Bandicoot, it possesses long ears pinkish in colour. The body is compact in size featuring a pointed snout with a long tongue and a tail black and white in colour.What type of animal is a boar?
- The wild boar (Sus scrofa), also known as the wild swine, common wild pig, or simply wild pig, is a suid native to much of Eurasia and North Africa, and has been introduced to the Americas and Oceania. The species is now one of the widest-ranging mammals in the world, as well as the most widespread suiform.
- Civet, any of a number of long-bodied, short-legged carnivores of the family Viverridae. There are about 15 to 20 species, placed in 10 to 12 genera. Civets are found in Africa, southern Europe, and Asia.
- Flamingos or flamingoes / f l ə ˈ m ɪ ŋ ɡ oʊ z / are a type of wading bird in the family Phoenicopteridae, the only bird family in the order Phoenicopteriformes. Four flamingo species are distributed throughout the Americas, including the Caribbean, and two species are native to Africa, Asia, and Europe.
- Geese are large waterfowl in the Anatidae family. These birds are closely related to ducks and swans, and are midway between the two in size. Most resources divide geese into three groups, or genuses, the white geese, the grey geese, and the black geese.
- The hippopotamus, or hippo, is native to sub-Saharan Africa and is a large, mostly herbivorous mammal.