Video answer: One of the worlds smallest dolphins: the hectors.
Top best answers to the question «What type of animal is a hector dolphin»
Hector's dolphins are the smallest and rarest marine dolphins in the world. They have distinct black facial markings, short stocky bodies and a dorsal fin shaped like a Mickey Mouse ear.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «What type of animal is a hector dolphin?» often ask the following questions:
🌴 Is hector dolphin an endangered animal?
The Maui Dolphin or Hectors dolphins is a rare marine breed found off the coast of New Zealand. According to the IUCN Red List 5 species and 6 subspecies of dolphins are endangered. Dolphin oil is a valuable fish bait so fishermen have a great incentive to kill these gentle creatures. As a result of whaling and other human and natural ...
- What type of animal is a burrunan dolphin?
- What type of animal is a clymene dolphin?
- What type of animal is a dusky dolphin?
🌴 What type of animal is a dolphin?
What is a dolphin? Dolphins belong to the group of animals that scientists call cetaceans. This means all the different types of whales,... This big group is split into two groups, baleen whales and toothed whales. Baleen whales sieve food through special...
- What type of animal is a fraser dolphin?
- What type of animal is a humpback dolphin?
- What type of animal is a sarawak dolphin?
🌴 What type of animal is a bottlenose dolphin?
bottlenose dolphin, (genus Tursiops), also called bottle-nosed dolphin, any of three species of oceanic dolphins classified within the marine mammal family Delphinidae and characterized by a bottle-shaped snout.
- What type of animal is a whale dolphin?
- What type of animal is the ganges river dolphin?
- What type of animal is the indus river dolphin?
Video answer: Super smart dolphin answers questions | extraordinary animals | bbc earth
We've handpicked 29 related questions for you, similar to «What type of animal is a hector dolphin?» so you can surely find the answer!What type of animal is the irrawaddy river dolphin?
- INFORMATION AND CHARACTERISTICS. The Irrawaddy river dolphin is a species that belong to the group of oceanic dolphins. Paradoxically, it is not a dolphin exclusively of freshwater. It is closely related to the Orca (Orcinus orca), and it is one of the most threatened extant dolphins.
- The La Plata dolphin, franciscana or toninha (Pontoporia blainvillei) is a species of dolphin found in coastal Atlantic waters of southeastern South America. It is a member of the river dolphin group and the only one that lives in the ocean and saltwater estuaries, rather than inhabiting exclusively freshwater systems.
- Southern right whale dolphin. The southern right whale dolphin (Lissodelphis peronii) is a small and slender species of mammal found in cool waters of the Southern Hemisphere.
- Hector's dolphins have a varied diet that includes cephalopods, crustaceans, and small fish species. Species such as red cod , ahuru, arrow squid, sprat, sole, and stargazer comprise the bulk of their diet. Where They Live
- Antelope is a miscellaneous species group (wastebasket taxon) in the Bovidae family. They are ruminants with even-toe hooves. What is the most common African antelope? The blue duiker (Philantomba monticola) is the most common African antelope, by population . Blue duiker population is 7,000,000 and is considered conservative.
Video answer: Talking to dolphins | animal superpowersWhat type of animal is cerberus?
In Greek mythology, Cerberus (/ˈsɜːrbərəs/; Greek: Κέρβερος Kérberos [ˈkerberos]), often referred to as the hound of Hades, is a multi-headed dog that guards the gates of the Underworld to prevent the dead from leaving.What type of animal is uguisu?
The Uguisu is a small species of bird that is natively found throughout Japan, China and Taiwan, along with a number of other regions of the far east. The Uguisu bird is also commonly known as the Japanese Bush-Warbler, as it is named for its beautifully distinctive song.
Video answer: The dolphin | educational video for kids.What kind of dolphin is hector the dolphin?
- Hector's dolphin(Cephalorhynchus hectori) is one of four dolphinspecies belonging to the genusCephalorhynchus.
Hector's Beaked Whale - Mesoplodon hectori Hector's beaked whale is found cold temperate ocean waters of the Atlantic, Indian, and Pacific Oceans in the southern hemisphere. Source: Animal Diversity Web Intended Audience: General Reading Level: Middle School Teacher Section: Yes. Hubbs' Beaked Whale - Mesoplodon carlhubbsiWhat is teh hector dolphin diet?
Hector’s dolphin (c. Hectori hectori) is shipped in 3 distinct nearby populations in the course of the south island, and maui’s dolphin (c. Hectori maui)is. Hector's dolphin wwf endangered species conservation. · learn about hector’s dolphins, in addition to the threats they face, what wwf is doing to preserve their destiny, and how you ...
Video answer: Dolphin size comparison | toothed cetaceans | animal size comparison 2021What type of animal has green blood?
BATON ROUGE – Green blood is one of the most unusual characteristics in the animal kingdom, but it's the hallmark of a group of lizards in New Guinea. Prasinohaema are green-blooded skinks, or a type of lizard.What type of animal is a baiji?
Baiji is a Chinese word meaning "a white dolphin." This species is one of the most endangered cetaceans in the world, with a population numbering in the tens or fewer. Females are slightly larger than males.What type of animal is a bilby?
An endangered burrowing marsupial, the Bilby, Macrotis lagotis, is characterized by its long, silky blue-grey fur. Sometimes called the Rabbit-eared Bandicoot, it possesses long ears pinkish in colour. The body is compact in size featuring a pointed snout with a long tongue and a tail black and white in colour.What type of animal is a boar?
- The wild boar (Sus scrofa), also known as the wild swine, common wild pig, or simply wild pig, is a suid native to much of Eurasia and North Africa, and has been introduced to the Americas and Oceania. The species is now one of the widest-ranging mammals in the world, as well as the most widespread suiform.
- Civet, any of a number of long-bodied, short-legged carnivores of the family Viverridae. There are about 15 to 20 species, placed in 10 to 12 genera. Civets are found in Africa, southern Europe, and Asia.
- Flamingos or flamingoes / f l ə ˈ m ɪ ŋ ɡ oʊ z / are a type of wading bird in the family Phoenicopteridae, the only bird family in the order Phoenicopteriformes. Four flamingo species are distributed throughout the Americas, including the Caribbean, and two species are native to Africa, Asia, and Europe.
- Geese are large waterfowl in the Anatidae family. These birds are closely related to ducks and swans, and are midway between the two in size. Most resources divide geese into three groups, or genuses, the white geese, the grey geese, and the black geese.
- The hippopotamus, or hippo, is native to sub-Saharan Africa and is a large, mostly herbivorous mammal.
Video answer: All oceanic dolphin species - species listWhat type of animal is a hoopoe?
- The type species is the Eurasian hoopoe ( Upupa epops ). Upupa and ἔποψ ( epops) are respectively the Latin and Ancient Greek names for the hoopoe; both, like the English name, are onomatopoeic forms which imitate the cry of the bird. The hoopoe was classified in the clade Coraciiformes, which also includes kingfishers, bee-eaters, and rollers.
- The jaguar is a big cat and the only one with its native range in the Americas. The jaguar (Panthera onca) is the only extant species of Panthera inhabiting the Americas. The jaguar is a large cat, the third largest of the big cat species of the world after the tiger and the lion.
- The kakapo, also called owl parrot, is a species of large, flightless, nocturnal, ground-dwelling parrot of the super-family Strigopoidea, endemic to New Zealand. Q: Where does the kakapo live? Write your answer...
- An arboreal herbivorous marsupial native to Australia. The koala (Phascolarctos cinereus, or, inaccurately, koala bear) is an arboreal herbivorous marsupial native to Australia.
- A genus of mammals belonging to the deer, muntjac, roe deer, reindeer, and moose family of ruminants. The moose (North America) or elk (Eurasia), Alces alces is a member of the New World deer subfamily and is the largest and heaviest extant species in the Deer family.
- The narwhal (Monodon monoceros), or narwhale, is a medium-sized toothed whale that possesses a large "tusk" from a protruding canine tooth. It lives year-round in the Arctic waters around Greenland, Canada, and Russia. It is one of two living species of whale in the Monodontidae family, along with the beluga whale.
numbat, (Myrmecobius fasciatus), also called banded anteater, marsupial mammal of the family Myrmecobiidae, of which it is the sole living representative.