Video answer: All about dolphins for kids: dolphins for children - freeschool
Top best answers to the question «What type of animal is a dolphin»
Dolphins are mammals, not fish
Also, dolphins are different than "dolphinfish," which are also known as mahi-mahi. Like every mammal, dolphins are warm blooded. Unlike fish, who breathe through gills, dolphins breathe air using lungs.
- Dolphins belong to the group of marine mammals that includes whales and porpoises. Together, they are called cetaceans (cet– AY– shuns). The bottlenose dolphin, for example, is a small, toothed whale that belongs to the Delphinidae family. There are at least 31 species in this family.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «What type of animal is a dolphin?» often ask the following questions:
🌴 What type of animal is a bottlenose dolphin?
bottlenose dolphin, (genus Tursiops), also called bottle-nosed dolphin, any of three species of oceanic dolphins classified within the marine mammal family Delphinidae and characterized by a bottle-shaped snout.
- What type of animal is a dusky dolphin?
- What type of animal is a fraser dolphin?
- What type of animal is a hector dolphin?
🌴 What type of animal is a burrunan dolphin?
- Burrunan dolphin. The Burrunan dolphin (Tursiops australis) is a species of bottlenose dolphin found in parts of Victoria, Australia. It was recognised as a species in 2011. By size, the Burrunan dolphin is between the other two species of bottlenose dolphins, and only around 150 individuals have been found in two locations.
- What type of animal is a humpback dolphin?
- What type of animal is a sarawak dolphin?
- What type of animal is a whale dolphin?
🌴 What type of animal is a clymene dolphin?
- The Clymene dolphin (Stenella clymene), in older texts known as the short-snouted spinner dolphin, is a dolphin endemic to the Atlantic Ocean.
- What type of animal is the ganges river dolphin?
- What type of animal is the indus river dolphin?
- What type of animal is the irrawaddy river dolphin?
Video answer: Super smart dolphin answers questions | bbc earth
2 other answers
What is a dolphin? Dolphins belong to the group of animals that scientists call cetaceans. This means all the different types of whales,... This big group is split into two groups, baleen whales and toothed whales. Baleen whales sieve food through special...
Dolphins are marine (sea-dwelling) mammals - they breath air, and give birth to live young.
We've handpicked 28 related questions for you, similar to «What type of animal is a dolphin?» so you can surely find the answer!What type of animal is the la plata dolphin?
- The La Plata dolphin, franciscana or toninha (Pontoporia blainvillei) is a species of dolphin found in coastal Atlantic waters of southeastern South America. It is a member of the river dolphin group and the only one that lives in the ocean and saltwater estuaries, rather than inhabiting exclusively freshwater systems.
- Southern right whale dolphin. The southern right whale dolphin (Lissodelphis peronii) is a small and slender species of mammal found in cool waters of the Southern Hemisphere.
- Antelope is a miscellaneous species group (wastebasket taxon) in the Bovidae family. They are ruminants with even-toe hooves. What is the most common African antelope? The blue duiker (Philantomba monticola) is the most common African antelope, by population . Blue duiker population is 7,000,000 and is considered conservative.
In Greek mythology, Cerberus (/ˈsɜːrbərəs/; Greek: Κέρβερος Kérberos [ˈkerberos]), often referred to as the hound of Hades, is a multi-headed dog that guards the gates of the Underworld to prevent the dead from leaving.What type of animal is uguisu?
The Uguisu is a small species of bird that is natively found throughout Japan, China and Taiwan, along with a number of other regions of the far east. The Uguisu bird is also commonly known as the Japanese Bush-Warbler, as it is named for its beautifully distinctive song.
Video answer: How many kinds of dolphins are there?What type of animal has green blood?
BATON ROUGE – Green blood is one of the most unusual characteristics in the animal kingdom, but it's the hallmark of a group of lizards in New Guinea. Prasinohaema are green-blooded skinks, or a type of lizard.What type of animal is a baiji?
Baiji is a Chinese word meaning "a white dolphin." This species is one of the most endangered cetaceans in the world, with a population numbering in the tens or fewer. Females are slightly larger than males.
Video answer: The dolphin | educational video for kids.What type of animal is a bilby?
An endangered burrowing marsupial, the Bilby, Macrotis lagotis, is characterized by its long, silky blue-grey fur. Sometimes called the Rabbit-eared Bandicoot, it possesses long ears pinkish in colour. The body is compact in size featuring a pointed snout with a long tongue and a tail black and white in colour.What type of animal is a boar?
- The wild boar (Sus scrofa), also known as the wild swine, common wild pig, or simply wild pig, is a suid native to much of Eurasia and North Africa, and has been introduced to the Americas and Oceania. The species is now one of the widest-ranging mammals in the world, as well as the most widespread suiform.
- Civet, any of a number of long-bodied, short-legged carnivores of the family Viverridae. There are about 15 to 20 species, placed in 10 to 12 genera. Civets are found in Africa, southern Europe, and Asia.
Video answer: Facts about dolphins in hindiWhat type of animal is a flamingo?
- Flamingos or flamingoes / f l ə ˈ m ɪ ŋ ɡ oʊ z / are a type of wading bird in the family Phoenicopteridae, the only bird family in the order Phoenicopteriformes. Four flamingo species are distributed throughout the Americas, including the Caribbean, and two species are native to Africa, Asia, and Europe.
- Geese are large waterfowl in the Anatidae family. These birds are closely related to ducks and swans, and are midway between the two in size. Most resources divide geese into three groups, or genuses, the white geese, the grey geese, and the black geese.
- The hippopotamus, or hippo, is native to sub-Saharan Africa and is a large, mostly herbivorous mammal.
- The type species is the Eurasian hoopoe ( Upupa epops ). Upupa and ἔποψ ( epops) are respectively the Latin and Ancient Greek names for the hoopoe; both, like the English name, are onomatopoeic forms which imitate the cry of the bird. The hoopoe was classified in the clade Coraciiformes, which also includes kingfishers, bee-eaters, and rollers.
- The jaguar is a big cat and the only one with its native range in the Americas. The jaguar (Panthera onca) is the only extant species of Panthera inhabiting the Americas. The jaguar is a large cat, the third largest of the big cat species of the world after the tiger and the lion.
- The kakapo, also called owl parrot, is a species of large, flightless, nocturnal, ground-dwelling parrot of the super-family Strigopoidea, endemic to New Zealand. Q: Where does the kakapo live? Write your answer...
- An arboreal herbivorous marsupial native to Australia. The koala (Phascolarctos cinereus, or, inaccurately, koala bear) is an arboreal herbivorous marsupial native to Australia.
- A genus of mammals belonging to the deer, muntjac, roe deer, reindeer, and moose family of ruminants. The moose (North America) or elk (Eurasia), Alces alces is a member of the New World deer subfamily and is the largest and heaviest extant species in the Deer family.
Video answer: Here's what we know about dolphin intelligenceWhat type of animal is a narwhal?
- The narwhal (Monodon monoceros), or narwhale, is a medium-sized toothed whale that possesses a large "tusk" from a protruding canine tooth. It lives year-round in the Arctic waters around Greenland, Canada, and Russia. It is one of two living species of whale in the Monodontidae family, along with the beluga whale.
numbat, (Myrmecobius fasciatus), also called banded anteater, marsupial mammal of the family Myrmecobiidae, of which it is the sole living representative.What type of animal is a pademleon?
- Pademelons are small marsupials of the genus Thylogale. They are usually found in forests. Pademelons are some of the smallest of the macropods. The name is a corruption of badimaliyan, from the Dharuk Aboriginal language of Port Jackson (Sydney region).
- The raccoon (/rəˈkuːn/ or US: /ræˈkuːn/ ( listen), Procyon lotor), sometimes spelled racoon, also known as the common raccoon, North American raccoon, or northern raccoon, is a medium-sized mammal native to North America.
- Reindeer, ( Rangifer tarandus ), in North America called caribou, species of deer (family Cervidae) found in the Arctic tundra and adjacent boreal forests of Greenland, Scandinavia, Russia, Alaska, and Canada. Reindeer have been domesticated in Europe. There are two varieties, or ecotypes: tundra reindeer and forest...
- The tucuxi (Sotalia fluviatilis), alternatively known in Peru bufeo gris or bufeo negro, is a species of freshwater dolphin found in the rivers of the Amazon basin. The word tucuxi is derived from the Tupi language word tuchuchi-ana, and has now been adopted as the species' common name.