Video answer: Why do spinner dolphins spin?
Top best answers to the question «What type of animal is a clymene dolphin»
- The Clymene dolphin (Stenella clymene), in older texts known as the short-snouted spinner dolphin, is a dolphin endemic to the Atlantic Ocean.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «What type of animal is a clymene dolphin?» often ask the following questions:
🌴 Is clymene dolphin an endangered animal?
The clymene dolphin is a little-known animal of the Atlantic Ocean, and although it very much resembles the spinner dolphin Stenella longirostris (their range even overlaps in certain areas), it is doubtless a distinct species based on skull and dental comparisons. Physical Description: The animal looks much the same as Stenella longirostris ...
- What type of animal is a burrunan dolphin?
- What type of animal is a dusky dolphin?
- What type of animal is a fraser dolphin?
🌴 What type of animal is a dolphin?
What is a dolphin? Dolphins belong to the group of animals that scientists call cetaceans. This means all the different types of whales,... This big group is split into two groups, baleen whales and toothed whales. Baleen whales sieve food through special...
- What type of animal is a hector dolphin?
- What type of animal is a humpback dolphin?
- What type of animal is a sarawak dolphin?
🌴 What type of animal is a bottlenose dolphin?
bottlenose dolphin, (genus Tursiops), also called bottle-nosed dolphin, any of three species of oceanic dolphins classified within the marine mammal family Delphinidae and characterized by a bottle-shaped snout.
- What type of animal is a whale dolphin?
- What type of animal is the ganges river dolphin?
- What type of animal is the indus river dolphin?
Video answer: Facts: the spinner dolphin
We've handpicked 27 related questions for you, similar to «What type of animal is a clymene dolphin?» so you can surely find the answer!What type of animal is the irrawaddy river dolphin?
- INFORMATION AND CHARACTERISTICS. The Irrawaddy river dolphin is a species that belong to the group of oceanic dolphins. Paradoxically, it is not a dolphin exclusively of freshwater. It is closely related to the Orca (Orcinus orca), and it is one of the most threatened extant dolphins.
- The La Plata dolphin, franciscana or toninha (Pontoporia blainvillei) is a species of dolphin found in coastal Atlantic waters of southeastern South America. It is a member of the river dolphin group and the only one that lives in the ocean and saltwater estuaries, rather than inhabiting exclusively freshwater systems.
- Southern right whale dolphin. The southern right whale dolphin (Lissodelphis peronii) is a small and slender species of mammal found in cool waters of the Southern Hemisphere.
Stenella clymene clymene dolphin Geographic Range. The clymene dolphin, also known as the "short-snouted spinner dolphin," can be found in tropical and... Habitat. The clymene dolphin is a deep water species that has only been observed at sea in waters with depths of... Physical Description. The ...What type of animal is antantelope?
- Antelope is a miscellaneous species group (wastebasket taxon) in the Bovidae family. They are ruminants with even-toe hooves. What is the most common African antelope? The blue duiker (Philantomba monticola) is the most common African antelope, by population . Blue duiker population is 7,000,000 and is considered conservative.
Video answer: All dolphin species - species listWhat type of animal is cerberus?
In Greek mythology, Cerberus (/ˈsɜːrbərəs/; Greek: Κέρβερος Kérberos [ˈkerberos]), often referred to as the hound of Hades, is a multi-headed dog that guards the gates of the Underworld to prevent the dead from leaving.What type of animal is uguisu?
The Uguisu is a small species of bird that is natively found throughout Japan, China and Taiwan, along with a number of other regions of the far east. The Uguisu bird is also commonly known as the Japanese Bush-Warbler, as it is named for its beautifully distinctive song.
Video answer: Interesting facts about striped dolphin by weird squareDo clymene dolphin have teeth?
Chilean dolphin has 28 – 34 teeth on each side of its upper jaw and 29 – 33 teeth on each side of its lower jaw. Chinese white dolphin – Unconfirmed estimates are between 100 – 160 teeth in total. Clymene dolphin has 36 – 52 pairs of teeth on its upper and lower jaw.What is a clymene dolphin classified as?
- About the Species. Clymene dolphins are found in the deep, tropical waters of the Atlantic Ocean. They are the smallest dolphin in the genus Stenella, which also includes spinner dolphins, Atlantic spotted dolphins, pantropical spotted dolphins, and striped dolphins . Clymene dolphins are also known as "short-snouted spinner dolphins"...
- The clymene dolphin is a small to mid sized dolphin that is known for its boisterous attitude and closely knit social structure where they can often be found swimming in pods of up to 60 dolphins. This article will provide you with information about the lifestyle, habitat, social structure and threats these marine mammals face along...
Video answer: Animal fact files - is a porpoise a dolphin?What type of animal has green blood?
BATON ROUGE – Green blood is one of the most unusual characteristics in the animal kingdom, but it's the hallmark of a group of lizards in New Guinea. Prasinohaema are green-blooded skinks, or a type of lizard.What type of animal is a baiji?
Baiji is a Chinese word meaning "a white dolphin." This species is one of the most endangered cetaceans in the world, with a population numbering in the tens or fewer. Females are slightly larger than males.What type of animal is a bilby?
An endangered burrowing marsupial, the Bilby, Macrotis lagotis, is characterized by its long, silky blue-grey fur. Sometimes called the Rabbit-eared Bandicoot, it possesses long ears pinkish in colour. The body is compact in size featuring a pointed snout with a long tongue and a tail black and white in colour.What type of animal is a boar?
- The wild boar (Sus scrofa), also known as the wild swine, common wild pig, or simply wild pig, is a suid native to much of Eurasia and North Africa, and has been introduced to the Americas and Oceania. The species is now one of the widest-ranging mammals in the world, as well as the most widespread suiform.
- Civet, any of a number of long-bodied, short-legged carnivores of the family Viverridae. There are about 15 to 20 species, placed in 10 to 12 genera. Civets are found in Africa, southern Europe, and Asia.
- Flamingos or flamingoes / f l ə ˈ m ɪ ŋ ɡ oʊ z / are a type of wading bird in the family Phoenicopteridae, the only bird family in the order Phoenicopteriformes. Four flamingo species are distributed throughout the Americas, including the Caribbean, and two species are native to Africa, Asia, and Europe.
- Geese are large waterfowl in the Anatidae family. These birds are closely related to ducks and swans, and are midway between the two in size. Most resources divide geese into three groups, or genuses, the white geese, the grey geese, and the black geese.
- The hippopotamus, or hippo, is native to sub-Saharan Africa and is a large, mostly herbivorous mammal.
Video answer: Bottlenose dolphin | amazing animalsWhat type of animal is a hoopoe?
- The type species is the Eurasian hoopoe ( Upupa epops ). Upupa and ἔποψ ( epops) are respectively the Latin and Ancient Greek names for the hoopoe; both, like the English name, are onomatopoeic forms which imitate the cry of the bird. The hoopoe was classified in the clade Coraciiformes, which also includes kingfishers, bee-eaters, and rollers.
- The jaguar is a big cat and the only one with its native range in the Americas. The jaguar (Panthera onca) is the only extant species of Panthera inhabiting the Americas. The jaguar is a large cat, the third largest of the big cat species of the world after the tiger and the lion.
- The kakapo, also called owl parrot, is a species of large, flightless, nocturnal, ground-dwelling parrot of the super-family Strigopoidea, endemic to New Zealand. Q: Where does the kakapo live? Write your answer...
- An arboreal herbivorous marsupial native to Australia. The koala (Phascolarctos cinereus, or, inaccurately, koala bear) is an arboreal herbivorous marsupial native to Australia.
- A genus of mammals belonging to the deer, muntjac, roe deer, reindeer, and moose family of ruminants. The moose (North America) or elk (Eurasia), Alces alces is a member of the New World deer subfamily and is the largest and heaviest extant species in the Deer family.