Top best answers to the question «What kind of dolphin is the commerson's dolphin»
- Commerson's dolphin. Commerson's dolphin ( Cephalorhynchus commersonii ), also referred to by the common names skunk dolphin, piebald dolphin or panda dolphin, is a small oceanic dolphin of the genus Cephalorhynchus. Commerson's dolphin has two geographically-isolated but locally-common subspecies.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «What kind of dolphin is the commerson's dolphin?» often ask the following questions:
🌴 What kind of dolphin does heaviside's dolphin have?
- Heaviside’s dolphins are small, blunt-headed, chunky dolphins with rounded paddle-shaped flippers and a large, triangular-shaped dorsal fin. They do not have a beak. They are strikingly coloured - the head, dorsal fin, flippers, tail and back half of the back are dark grey.
- What kind of dolphin is a bull dolphin?
- What kind of dolphin is a finless dolphin?
- What kind of dolphin is a humpback dolphin?
🌴 What kind of dolphin is a black dolphin?
- Black Dolphin. Black dolphins, also known as Chilean dolphins, are small marine mammals that exist off the coast of Chile. In Chile, People commonly call these dolphins tonina, and commonly confuse these small dolphins with porpoises. This is because they have rather blunt, rounded heads and bodies.
- What kind of dolphin is a spinner dolphin?
- What kind of dolphin is a spotted dolphin?
- What kind of dolphin is a striped dolphin?
🌴 What kind of dolphin is a bottlenose dolphin?
- The bottlenose dolphin, for example, is a small, toothed whale that belongs to the Delphinidae family. There are at least 31 species in this family. Among the other toothed whales of the Delphinidae family are pilot whales, common dolphins, spotted dolphins, and orcas, also known as killer whales.
- What kind of dolphin is an hourglass dolphin?
- What kind of dolphin is at dolphin days?
- What kind of dolphin is called risso's dolphin?
We've handpicked 24 related questions for you, similar to «What kind of dolphin is the commerson's dolphin?» so you can surely find the answer!What kind of dolphin is hector the dolphin?
- Hector's dolphin(Cephalorhynchus hectori) is one of four dolphinspecies belonging to the genusCephalorhynchus.
Five years and one day after Winter the Dolphin (Dolphin Tale) was found, Hope was discovered in a similar location in the Indian River Lagoon. A local fisherman spotted Hope in shallow waters, attempting to nurse from her deceased mother. When first responders arrived, they evaluated the dolphin calf and determined she should be transported to CMA for rehabilitation. CMA was able to provide care and nutrition to nurse her back to full recovery. Hope was given 24-hour care and fed every two ...What kind of dolphin is the baiji dolphin?
- Whitefin Dolphin. Chinese River Dolphin. Family: Platanistidae. Genus: Lipotes. Species: L.vexillifer Miller, 1918. Because the Baiji is indigenous to the waters within the People’s Republic of China, western researchers have had little access to it or information concerning its habits and natural history.
The Burrunan dolphin (Tursiops australis) is a species of bottlenose dolphin found in parts of Victoria, Australia. It was recognised as a species in 2011. Though the species classification is contested by some,  a larger body of evidence now exists, further validating the Burrunan as a separate species to the common and Indo-Pacific bottlenose dolphins ( T. truncatus and T. aduncus , respectively).What kind of dolphin is the clymene dolphin?
Stenella clymene clymene dolphin Geographic Range. The clymene dolphin, also known as the "short-snouted spinner dolphin," can be found in tropical and... Habitat. The clymene dolphin is a deep water species that has only been observed at sea in waters with depths of... Physical Description. The ...What kind of dolphin is the fraser dolphin?
- Fraser’s Dolphin. Fraser’s dolphin is a mid-sized dolphin that can be found most commonly traveling in the Eastern Pacific Ocean. These dolphins are known for their large pod sizes and tightly pack traveling behavior.
- Gangetic dolphin, Ganges susu, Shushuk, Bhulan, Indus dolphin, Indus blind dolphin, blind river dolphin, side-swimming dolphin The South Asian river dolphin is an endangered freshwater dolphin found in the region of the Indian subcontinent. It has the long, pointed nose characteristic of all river dolphins.
- The Guiana dolphin (Sotalia Guianensis) is a small South American dolphin which is often confused with the Tucuxi (Sotalia fluviatilis). In fact, these two species were recently taxonomically separated because they are two genetically different species.
- It was discovered in 2002 that the Maui dolphin was a subspecies of the Hector’s dolphin. The Hector’s dolphin is found off the South Island in contrast to the North Island dwelling Maui. Analysis of their skeletons as well as mitochondrial and nuclear DNA proved that the two dolphins are genetically distinct.
- Commerson's dolphin (Cephalorhynchus commersonii), also referred to by the common names skunk dolphin, piebald dolphin or panda dolphin, is a small oceanic dolphin of the genus Cephalorhynchus. Commerson's dolphin has two geographically-isolated but locally-common subspecies.
The Amazon Pink Dolphins, are freshwater dolphins with a prominent forehead, very small eyes and, and unlike the sea dolphins, their dorsal fin is elongated and flat. They are also known as boto, bofeo or toninas, but there are also gray specimens of this species.What kind of dolphin is the risso's dolphin?
17. Risso’s Dolphin. Risso’s dolphin lives in the deep waters where the temperature is warm. It rarely swims close to shores. It is a large species that grow up to 3 metres or even 4 metres. (Read: Water Snails Facts) The appearance of this dolphin is similar to a submarine. Its head is blunt with a pointy fin.What kind of dolphin is the tucuxi dolphin?
- Known as the ‘other dolphin’ of the Amazon, there is still a lot to be learned about tucuxi, including their range. Part of the Sotalia genus, the two supposed-populations have now been recognized as separate species: the freshwater tucuxi and the marine Guiana dolphin.
- Winter (dolphin) Winter (born circa October 2005) is a bottlenose dolphin at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium in Clearwater, Florida, US, widely known for having a prosthetic tail. She is the subject of the book Dolphin Tale, and the 2011 film of the same name, a dramatization of her story, and the sequel Dolphin Tale 2.
- Flipper was a bottlenose dolphin, the same species that charms the coasts of Virginia and North Carolina by the thousands during the warmer months of the year. Dolphins and porpoises have about the same color pattern, but dolphins can grow to 12 feet in length while porpoises are typically a few feet shorter.
- This species was formerly classified in the now-defunct subfamily Sotaliinae, but more recent evidence has found that, despite its prominent bill, it in fact belongs with the blunt-nosed dolphins in the subfamily Globicephalinae.
- The pantropical dolphin is a small dolphin that can be found living in most of the worlds tropical climates. These dolphins are part of the cetacean family and belong to the toothed whale suborder. They are well-known for their acrobatic behaviors and are easily identifiable due to the spots located throughout their body.
- For a time common dolphins were divided into two species – short-beaked common dolphins (Delphinus delphis) and long-beaked common dolphins (D. capensis).
- Pacific white-sided dolphin. The Pacific white-sided dolphin (Lagenorhynchus obliquidens) is a very active dolphin found in the cool to temperate waters of the North Pacific Ocean.
- Three subspecies are currently recognized: I. g. geoffrensis (Amazon river dolphin), I. g. boliviensis ( Bolivian river dolphin) and I. g. humboldtiana (Orinoco river dolphin) while position of Araguaian river dolphin ( I. araguaiaensis) within the clade is still unclear.
- The Araguaian river dolphin, or Araguaian boto, ( Inia araguaiaensis ), is a new species of river dolphin population whose identification as a species distinct from the Amazon river dolphin was announced in 2014. It is native to the Araguaia – Tocantins basin of Brazil .
- The Atlantic spotted dolphin ( Stenella frontalis) is a dolphin found in the Gulf Stream of the North Atlantic Ocean. Older members of the species have a very distinctive spotted coloration all over their bodies. The Atlantic spotted dolphin was first described by Cuvier in 1828.
- The Australian humpback dolphin (Sousa sahulensis) is a species of humpback dolphin and the fourth recognized humpback dolphin species chronologically.
- The befriend-able dolphins are unique amongst other members of their species through defining traits such as having strange markings, unusual coloration, odd behavior tics, or differing size. The first partner the player can befriend is a short-beaked common dolphin with a golden tail.