Top best answers to the question «What is the scientific name of the striped dolphin»
- The scientific name for these marine mammals is, “Stenella coeruleoalba”. It has been estimated that over 20,000 striped dolphins may have been killed during the 20th century to be used for food and/or raw materials. These marine mammals are able to leap more than 20 ft.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «What is the scientific name of the striped dolphin?» often ask the following questions:
🌴 What's the scientific name for the striped dolphin?
- The scientific name for these marine mammals is, “Stenella coeruleoalba”. It has been estimated that over 20,000 striped dolphins may have been killed during the 20th century to be used for food and/or raw materials. These marine mammals are able to leap more than 20 ft. above the surface of the water when playing or swimming.
- What is the scientific name for common dolphin?
- What is the scientific name for pink dolphin?
- What is the scientific name for spinner dolphin?
🌴 What is dolphin scientific name?
Delphinus delphis. The common dolphin is the most abundant cetacean in the world, with a global population of about six million.
- What is the scientific name of commerson's dolphin?
- What is the scientific name of fraser's dolphin?
- What is the scientific name of the dolphin?
🌴 What is the scientific name for dolphin?
Male killer whales can grow up to 9.6 m (31.5 ft). Here is a listing of the dolphin species: order CETACEA (WHALES AND DOLPHINS) suborder ODONTOCETI (TOOTHED WHALES) family DELPHINIDAE (DOLPHINS) scientific name: common name: Steno bredanensis. rough-toothed dolphin.
- What is the name of the striped dolphin?
- What is the scientific name for a bottlenose dolphin?
- What is the scientific name for a chilean dolphin?
We've handpicked 20 related questions for you, similar to «What is the scientific name of the striped dolphin?» so you can surely find the answer!What is the scientific name for a irrawaddy dolphin?
The Irrawaddy dolphin (under the common name of snubfin dolphin, with the scientific name misspelled as Oreaella brevezastris) is included the Indian Wildlife Protection Act, Schedule I, which bans their killing, transport and sale of products.What is the scientific name for a river dolphin?
- Families Platanistidae, Pontoporiidae, Iniidae and Lipotidae (River dolphins): Boto (Amazon River Dolphin), Inia geoffrensis – (Family Iniidae) Chinese River Dolphin (Baiji), Lipotes vexillifer (considered functionally extinct) – (Family Lipotidae)
- Dusky Dolphins communicate using whistles, squeaks, and clicks! What is the scientific name for the Dusky Dolphin? The scientific name for the Dusky Dolphin is Lagenorhynchus obscurus. What is the lifespan of a Dusky Dolphin?
Genus. Lipotes Miller, 1918. Species. Lipotes vexillifer Miller, 1918 – Chinese river dolphin, Yangtze River Dolphin, baiji, White-flag Dolphin, Baiji.What is the scientific name of dolphin and porpoise?
- Dolphin and Porpoise. Dolphin and Porpoise, are the common names for small, toothed mammals of the order Cetacea which also includes whales.
- The species name australis is the Latin adjective "southern", and refers to the Australian range of the dolphin. The Burrunan dolphin is one of three recognized extant species of Tursiops, the bottle-nosed dolphins.
- The dusky dolphin was reclassified as Prodelphinus obscurus in 1885 by British naturalist William Henry Flower, before gaining its current binomial name, Lagenorhynchus obscurus, from American biologist Frederick W. True in 1889.
- Many names, two habitats, one hourglass dolphin. The scientific name of the hourglass dolphin is Lagenorhynchus cruciger, which means “jar-beaked” and refers to their small, jar-shaped rostrums (beak-like snouts), while cruciger, which means “cross-carrier,” references the unique cross-like color scheme on their flank.
What is the scientific name of Dolphin ? What is the scientific name of Dolphin ? Sign Up Username * E-Mail * Password * Confirm Password * Have an account? Sign In Now. Sign In Username or email * Password * Remember Me! Forgot Password? Don't have account, Sign Up Here.What's the scientific name for the estuarine dolphin?
- The Tucuxi (pronounced ‘too-koo-shee’) is also known as the Estuarine dolphin, or sometimes, Sotalia, from its scientific name of Sotalia fluviatilis. There are two sub-species of Tucuxi.
The North Island subpopulation of Hector’s dolphin (Cephalorhynchus hectori) was recently recognized as a subspecies: the Māui dolphin (Cephalorhynchus hectori maui) Fishing nets are pushing these dolphins to extinction.Why is the scientific name for a dolphin?
Scientific Names. The common name “dolphin” comes from the Greek delphis, meaning “womb.” Even these ancient observers realized dolphins' classification as mammals, or animals with a womb. Oceanic species, along with their scientific names, are as follows: Australian snubfin -, Orcaella heinsohni.What is a two-word scientific name for a dolphin?
Scientific Names. The common name “dolphin” comes from the Greek delphis, meaning “womb.” Even these ancient observers realized dolphins’ classification as mammals, or animals with a womb. Oceanic species, along with their scientific names, are as follows:What is the scientific name for the atlantic bottlenose dolphin?
The common bottlenose dolphin or Atlantic bottlenose dolphin (Tursiops truncatus) is the most well-known species of the family Delphinidae.What is the scientific name for the indus river dolphin?
- This species and the Indus river dolphin, were initially classified as a single species, Platanista gangetica, but in the 1970s both were split into distinct species. However, in the 1990s, both species were again grouped as a single species.
Platanista gangetica minor is the scientific name of Pakistan ’s National aquatic mammal. It is commonly known as Indus river dolphin, blind dolphin, Indus dolphin, side-swimming dolphin. National aquatic mammal of Pakistan the Indus River dolphin also found in Pakistan and India.What is the scientific name of the dolphin in peru?
- The tucuxi ( Sotalia fluviatilis ), alternatively known in Peru bufeo gris or bufeo negro, is a species of freshwater dolphin found in the rivers of the Amazon basin. The word tucuxi is derived from the Tupi language word tuchuchi-ana, and has now been adopted as the species' common name.
- It was first described by Paul Gervais and Alcide d'Orbigny in 1844 (the species epithet blainvillei commemorates the French zoologist Henri Marie Ducrotay de Blainville ). The La Plata dolphin is also widely known as the Franciscana - the Argentine and Uruguay a name that has been adopted internationally.
- From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia The rough-toothed dolphin (Steno bredanensis) is a species of dolphin that can be found in deep warm and tropical waters around the world. The species was first described by Georges Cuvier in 1823.
- 2. The specific scientific name albirostris means “white beak.” 3. White-beaked dolphins are the largest examples of the Lagenorhynchus genus. 4. White-beaked dolphins have been spotted harassing whales to make them swim faster in order to create a wake for the dolphins to swim in.