Video answer: The dolphin | educational video for kids.
Top best answers to the question «What is the scientific name for pink dolphin»
Species. Inia geoffrensis (Blainville, 1817) – Amazon River Dolphin, boto, Pink River Dolphin, boutu. Direct Children: Subspecies.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «What is the scientific name for pink dolphin?» often ask the following questions:
🌴 What is the pink dolphins scientific name?
A Pink (river) dolphin is another name for the Boto, or Amazon River dolphin. Its scientific name is Inia geoffrensis.
- What is the scientific name for common dolphin?
- What is the scientific name for spinner dolphin?
- What is the scientific name of commerson's dolphin?
🌴 What is dolphin scientific name?
Delphinus delphis. The common dolphin is the most abundant cetacean in the world, with a global population of about six million.
- What is the scientific name of fraser's dolphin?
- What is the scientific name of the dolphin?
- What is the scientific name for a bottlenose dolphin?
🌴 What is the scientific name for dolphin?
Male killer whales can grow up to 9.6 m (31.5 ft). Here is a listing of the dolphin species: order CETACEA (WHALES AND DOLPHINS) suborder ODONTOCETI (TOOTHED WHALES) family DELPHINIDAE (DOLPHINS) scientific name: common name: Steno bredanensis. rough-toothed dolphin.
- What is the scientific name for a chilean dolphin?
- What is the scientific name for a irrawaddy dolphin?
- What is the scientific name for a river dolphin?
Video answer: Dolphin facts for kids | classroom edition animal learning video
11 other answers
Amazon River Dolphin Scientific Name. The Amazon river dolphin is also called a boto or the pink river dolphin, and its scientific name is Inia Geoffrensis. The animal’s common name comes from where it often makes its home and its skin color. The name boto is the one used by the natives. It is also a popular character in South American mythology.
Journey of the Pink Dolphins: An Amazon Quest by Sy Montgomery. The Amazon River Dolphin is a group of dolphins that primarily dwell in the South do Pink Amazon River Dolphins live; Classification of Subspecies; Behavior. They are called Inia Geoffrensis, Botos (Brazilians believe they are very intelligent), Buefo Colorados, Sotalia Fluviatlis (scientific name).
What is the scientific name for dolphin? Steno bredanensis - rough-toothed dolphin Sousa chinensis - Indo-Pacific hump-backed dolphin Sousa teuszii - Atlantic hump-backed dolphin Sotalia fluviatilis - tucuxi Tursiops truncatus - bottlenose dolphin Stenella longirostris - spinner dolphin Stenella ...
The Amazon river dolphin is also called a boto or the pink river dolphin, and its scientific name is Inia Geoffrensis. The animal’s common name comes from where it often makes its home and its skin color. The name boto is the one used by the natives. It is also a popular character in South American mythology. In legends, the animals have amazing musical skills and are seductive. They also love parties. Some myths claim that the dolphins can shapeshift into human form and have magical ...
Inias Geoffrensis is the scientific name fro pink river dolphin. Wiki User. 2010-11-17 23:22:07. This answer is: 👍 Helpful. 👎 Not Helpful. 🤓. 🤯. 🤔. Add a Comment ...
Scientific name: Inia geoffrensis de Blainville, 1817 Common names: Pink dolphin, boto (bugeo, bufeo, or tonina in the Orinoco region), also known as river dolphin. The pink river dolphin has a robust yet very flexible body and a long beak, typical of the family. Sensory hairs are present on top of the beak, although they are more conspicuous in young and juveniles. Dentition is heterodont with incisors at the front of the jaw and molars at the back. The dorsal "fin" begins at the end of the ...
Scientific Name. Platanista gangetica gangetica. Weight. 330-374 pounds Length. 7-8.9 feet Habitats. Freshwater rivers Dolphins are one of the oldest creatures in the world along with some species of turtles, crocodiles and sharks. The Ganges river dolphin was officially discovered in 1801. Ganges river dolphins once lived in the Ganges-Brahmaputra-Meghna and Karnaphuli-Sangu river systems of Nepal, India, and Bangladesh. But the species is extinct from most of its early distribution ranges ...
The scientific name for a dolphin depends on the species of dolphin. The common bottlenose dolphin is the Tursiops truncatus, and the Indo-Pacific dolphin is the Tursiops aduncus.
pink : Amazon River Dolphins can be ____. echolocation : What is the scientific name of the Killer Whale? thirty : What do dolphins use to "see"? seapigs : How many pounds of fish can an Amazon River Dolphin eat every day? orcinusorca : Harbor Porpoises are called ___ ____ because they make so much noise. thirtyfive : Killer Whales can jump _____ feet into the air. fifteen : Groups are of Killer Whales are called ____ ten : What is the of the leader of a group of Long-Finned Pilot Whale ...
Such a name is called a binomial name or a scientific name. The generic name or the initial part of the name highlights the genus to which an organism belongs to. The second part, or the specific name , identifies the exact species to which the organism falls under, within the genus.
Scientific name for pink dolphin. by. Sy Montgomery. 8.61 · 8,641 ratings · 599 reviews for; 21.02.2019; 4; Journey of the Pink Dolphins: An Amazon Quest by Sy Montgomery Scientists call them Inia geoffrensis, an ancient species of toothed whale whose origin dates back about 15 million years. To the local people of the Amazon, pink river dolphins are botos, shape shifters that, in the guise of human desire, can claim your soul and take you to the Encante, an enchanted underwater world. As ...
We've handpicked 24 related questions for you, similar to «What is the scientific name for pink dolphin?» so you can surely find the answer!What is the scientific name for the dusky dolphin?
- Dusky Dolphins communicate using whistles, squeaks, and clicks! What is the scientific name for the Dusky Dolphin? The scientific name for the Dusky Dolphin is Lagenorhynchus obscurus. What is the lifespan of a Dusky Dolphin?
Genus. Lipotes Miller, 1918. Species. Lipotes vexillifer Miller, 1918 – Chinese river dolphin, Yangtze River Dolphin, baiji, White-flag Dolphin, Baiji.What is the scientific name of dolphin and porpoise?
- Dolphin and Porpoise. Dolphin and Porpoise, are the common names for small, toothed mammals of the order Cetacea which also includes whales.
- The species name australis is the Latin adjective "southern", and refers to the Australian range of the dolphin. The Burrunan dolphin is one of three recognized extant species of Tursiops, the bottle-nosed dolphins.
- The dusky dolphin was reclassified as Prodelphinus obscurus in 1885 by British naturalist William Henry Flower, before gaining its current binomial name, Lagenorhynchus obscurus, from American biologist Frederick W. True in 1889.
Video answer: जानिए indus river dolphin के बारे में, types of river dolphins in south asia, current affairs 2018What is the scientific name of the hourglass dolphin?
- Many names, two habitats, one hourglass dolphin. The scientific name of the hourglass dolphin is Lagenorhynchus cruciger, which means “jar-beaked” and refers to their small, jar-shaped rostrums (beak-like snouts), while cruciger, which means “cross-carrier,” references the unique cross-like color scheme on their flank.
What is the scientific name of Dolphin ? What is the scientific name of Dolphin ? Sign Up Username * E-Mail * Password * Confirm Password * Have an account? Sign In Now. Sign In Username or email * Password * Remember Me! Forgot Password? Don't have account, Sign Up Here.
Video answer: 25 unreal animals you won’t believe existWhat is the scientific name of the striped dolphin?
- The scientific name for these marine mammals is, “Stenella coeruleoalba”. It has been estimated that over 20,000 striped dolphins may have been killed during the 20th century to be used for food and/or raw materials. These marine mammals are able to leap more than 20 ft.
- The Tucuxi (pronounced ‘too-koo-shee’) is also known as the Estuarine dolphin, or sometimes, Sotalia, from its scientific name of Sotalia fluviatilis. There are two sub-species of Tucuxi.
The North Island subpopulation of Hector’s dolphin (Cephalorhynchus hectori) was recently recognized as a subspecies: the Māui dolphin (Cephalorhynchus hectori maui) Fishing nets are pushing these dolphins to extinction.
Video answer: 14 endangered sea creaturesWhat's the scientific name for the striped dolphin?
- The scientific name for these marine mammals is, “Stenella coeruleoalba”. It has been estimated that over 20,000 striped dolphins may have been killed during the 20th century to be used for food and/or raw materials. These marine mammals are able to leap more than 20 ft. above the surface of the water when playing or swimming.
Scientific Names. The common name “dolphin” comes from the Greek delphis, meaning “womb.” Even these ancient observers realized dolphins' classification as mammals, or animals with a womb. Oceanic species, along with their scientific names, are as follows: Australian snubfin -, Orcaella heinsohni.What is a two-word scientific name for a dolphin?
Scientific Names. The common name “dolphin” comes from the Greek delphis, meaning “womb.” Even these ancient observers realized dolphins’ classification as mammals, or animals with a womb. Oceanic species, along with their scientific names, are as follows:What is the scientific name for the atlantic bottlenose dolphin?
The common bottlenose dolphin or Atlantic bottlenose dolphin (Tursiops truncatus) is the most well-known species of the family Delphinidae.What is the scientific name for the indus river dolphin?
- This species and the Indus river dolphin, were initially classified as a single species, Platanista gangetica, but in the 1970s both were split into distinct species. However, in the 1990s, both species were again grouped as a single species.
Platanista gangetica minor is the scientific name of Pakistan ’s National aquatic mammal. It is commonly known as Indus river dolphin, blind dolphin, Indus dolphin, side-swimming dolphin. National aquatic mammal of Pakistan the Indus River dolphin also found in Pakistan and India.What is the scientific name of the dolphin in peru?
- The tucuxi ( Sotalia fluviatilis ), alternatively known in Peru bufeo gris or bufeo negro, is a species of freshwater dolphin found in the rivers of the Amazon basin. The word tucuxi is derived from the Tupi language word tuchuchi-ana, and has now been adopted as the species' common name.
- It was first described by Paul Gervais and Alcide d'Orbigny in 1844 (the species epithet blainvillei commemorates the French zoologist Henri Marie Ducrotay de Blainville ). The La Plata dolphin is also widely known as the Franciscana - the Argentine and Uruguay a name that has been adopted internationally.
Video answer: How to clean indian mackerel fish ◘ kanagathe meen ◘ kanagurta ◘ இந்திய கானாங்கெளுத்தி மீன்What is the scientific name of the rough-toothed dolphin?
- From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia The rough-toothed dolphin (Steno bredanensis) is a species of dolphin that can be found in deep warm and tropical waters around the world. The species was first described by Georges Cuvier in 1823.
- 2. The specific scientific name albirostris means “white beak.” 3. White-beaked dolphins are the largest examples of the Lagenorhynchus genus. 4. White-beaked dolphins have been spotted harassing whales to make them swim faster in order to create a wake for the dolphins to swim in.