Top best answers to the question «What is above the dolphin in the food chain»
Dolphins: as we know, are mammals that eat larger squid and fish. And finally we have sharks and killer whales: these guys will actually eat the dolphins. However, as they're at the top of the food chain, they don't get a lot of energy from them; it's already been processed through the other plants and animals.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «What is above the dolphin in the food chain?» often ask the following questions:
🌴 What is the amazon river dolphin food chain?
Amazon River Dolphin Food Chain
It feeds on many different species of fish, particularly larger fish, like catfish, crustaceans, and even piranhas (large flesh eating fish known to attack humans). Catfish feed on other types of fish, making them a secondary consumer.
- What does a dolphin have in its food chain?
- What is a pink dolphin in a food chain?
- What kind of dolphin swim above yellowfin tuna?
🌴 What is the food chain of a dolphin?
Dolphins are mammals which reside in sea and fresh waters. There are approximately 24 species of dolphins discovered of which most live in the seas and oceans, while just 4 species reside in river water. The pink dolphin is a fresh water mammal that lives in the Amazon River system. They are found in most of the sea waters which have temperate conditions and where food is in plenty.
- How does a dolphin fit in the food chain?
- What type of consumer is a dolphin in a food chain?
- Who is at the top of the dolphin food chain?
🌴 What is the food chain of bottlenose dolphin?
- Let's look more at the food chain for each of these dolphins. Bottlenose dolphins eat larger fish, such as tuna and mackerel. They also eat crustaceans and, if living in open oceans, squid. Tuna and mackerel eat smaller fish, such as coastal flying fish in the Pacific Ocean.
- How long can a dolphin stay above water?
- What is the narwhal food chain?
- What are the pink dolphins food chain?
9 other answers
dolphin food chain. Home Uncategorized dolphin food chain. 10 Mar . dolphin food chain | Uncategorized | 0 ...
Answer to: What is a dolphin in the food chain? By signing up, you'll get thousands of step-by-step solutions to your homework questions. You can...
Dolphin food chain is similar to the food chain of some whales. -Lisa Kosilla, University of Hawaii at Hilo, Intern at Cape May Whale Watch and Research Center, Jones, Hardy, and Ted Danson. Bottlenose Dolphins are a very social species and feed together, although they are known to feed alone.
The large predators that sit atop the marine food chain are a diverse group that includes finned (sharks, tuna, dolphins), feathered (pelicans, penguins), and flippered (seals, walruses) animals. These apex predators tend to be large, fast, and very good at catching prey.
Food chains always start with a plant because they are producers. Krill - small, shrimplike animals - eat plankton Squid and small fish eat krill. Other dolphins usually have a sickle-shaped fin.Māui and Hector’s dolphins look identical, although they are physically and genetically different –.Māui dolphin have distinctive grey, white and black markings and a short snout.Females grow ...
Grazing food chain: The grazing food chain is a type of food chain that starts with green plants, passes through herbivores and then to carnivores. In a grazing food chain, energy in the lowest trophic level is acquired from photosynthesis. In this type of food chain, the first energy transfer is from plants to herbivores.
The Dolphin Food Chain A dolphin is near the top of the food chain, which means it needs to rely on other animals for energy. Unfortunately, there are other animals that rely on dolphins as a source of food, too!
What is a pink dolphin role in the food chain? Same as a normal dolphin. It eats the bigger fish, which eat the smaller fish, and the chain ends at the smallest creature in the Amazonian water system.
Services,Dolphin Food Chain: Quiz & Worksheet for Kids.A food chain shows you how energy goes from the sun to producers.A food chain shows the flow of energy from producers to consumers.A food chain shows you how energy goes from primary to secondary consumers.A food chain shows that whales are predators and get energy from other animals.
We've handpicked 21 related questions for you, similar to «What is above the dolphin in the food chain?» so you can surely find the answer!What is the pilot whale's food chain?
- Pilot Whale Feeding The majority of the food that they eat is squid but they will also dine on various species of fish. Cephalopods, crustaceans, and octopus can also be part of the diet but it depends on where they live. They feed mainly at night and they will do so in water that is from 656 feet to 1,640 feet deep.
- Food Chain. The pink dolphin food chain is simple. And believe it or not the pink dolphin gets horribly eaten by use humans! Now here is the pink dolphin food chain. Alage – small fish – big fish – pink dolphin-HUMANS. Did you know: That pink dolphins locates a fish by sending out a sound from the top of its head.
Unlike most above ground pool cleaners that move on wheels, the Dolphin Escape rolls around on a pair of high-traction tracks. They easily grip the slippery pool bottom and sometimes even push the robot up the wall (though the Escape is not designed for climbing pool walls).For the actual cleaning, the Dolphin Escape relies on two features.Is the dolphin escape robot good for above ground pools?
- Dolphin Escape: advanced robot for above ground pools. The Dolphin Escape pool robot is shipped with a standard mesh filter which is good for picking up leaves and acorns, but not so good for trapping all the tiny sand particles and algae. Still, it will trap a fair amount of dirt. The Escape only has a 40-foot cable without an anti-tangle swivel.
Different habitats and ecosystems provide many possible food chains that make up a food web. In one marine food chain, single-celled organisms called phytoplankton provide food for tiny shrimp called krill. Krill provide the main food source for the blue whale, an animal on the third trophic level.What percent of the food chain relies on dolphins?
Indus River dolphins produce sound almost constantly to navigate, communicate, and find food. They make a sound similar to a sneeze when surfacing to breathe. These dolphins are usually found individually or in pairs but have been seen in groups of up to 10. They often swim on their side and rarely approach boats.Where are dolphins on the food chain?
The food chain for toothed whales is pretty much the same as for dolphins, since olphins are a kind of toothed whale. It can look like this: Plankton eats the bodies of dead animals in the ocean. Krill - small, shrimplike animals - eat plankton. Squid and small fish eat krill.Where are koalas on the food chain?
- The koala has no natural predators, according to the Museum Victoria, so it sits at the top of the food chain in its natural habitat. In areas where the koala's habitat is being destroyed, koalas can fall prey to dogs and cats. The koala, which is native to Australia, is a herbivore that subsists on eucalyptus leaves.
- They play an important role in the aquatic food chain, particularly in the Southern Ocean. Antarctic krill provide a vital food source for whales, seals, ice fish, and penguins. These animals depend on eating large quantities of krill for survival in the harsh climate.
Finger Food: small chunks of biscuit dough rolled in sugar/cinnamon, baked in a bundt pan dripping with sticky brown sugar syrup Submitted by: TOKYOTESSCan dolphins breathe above water?
So how long can a dolphin hold its breath? Time Frame. The average dolphin species can stay underwater for as long as eight to 10 minutes; some can remain submerged while holding their breath for 15 minutes. Dolphins breathe through their blowhole, which has a muscular flap that covers it whCan dolphins see above water?
They were more underwater than above water, they had their eyes wide open – they were like little dolphins.” Deep in the island archipelagos on the Andaman Sea, and along the west coast of Thailand...Can termites live above ground?
- There are some circumstances in which subterranean termites can live above ground. As long as there is sufficient humidity and the termites can access water freely, they can thrive. When subterranean termites live above ground, this is known as an isolated infestation.
- Unfortunately the answer is no, whales are unable to breathe underwater . Despite living exclusively in the ocean like fish and other aquatic animals whales are mammals which means they are warm-blooded, produce milk, give birth to their children (rather than laying eggs) and breathe air.
They hunt in packs, much like wolves, which are also at the top of their food chain. Here in Victoria, we most often come across resident killer whales, which feed primarily on salmon, but we occasionally spot transient orcas, which eat everything from fish to seals to sharks and even other whales!Can you eat sardines from the food chain?
- Because they are low in the food chain, sardines are very low in contaminants, such as mercury, relative to other fish commonly eaten by humans. Sardines use body-caudal fin locomotion to swim, and streamline their bodies by holding their other fins flat against the body.
- They are an important part of the food chain for other fish species, including many recreationally and commercially important fish, as well as birds and marine mammals. Northern anchovies are found from British Columbia to Baja California and in the Gulf of California. The northern sub-population is found off Oregon and Washington.
The snubfin dolphin is an important part of the ecosystem. Every animal and plant in the ecosystem has place. Without the dolphin the food web and food chain will collapse. As humans, it is our job to help as many animals and plants survive as possible, especially if they are dying because of our actions.What other food do dolphin eat?
- Sea turtles
- Marine mammal (rare and species restricted)
- Dolphins are consumers like many other animals. Consumers are animals that need to eat other plants and/or animals in order to survive. Dolphins are a type of consumer called a carnivore because they eat only meat. Dolphins are part of an ocean food chain.
- of 12. McDonald's. McDonald's is the fast food entry-point for fried chicken…
- of 12. Kentucky Fried Chicken…
- of 12. Bojangles' Famous Chicken 'n Biscuits…
- of 12. Church's Chicken…
- of 12. Wingstop…
- of 12. Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers…
- of 12. Shake Shack…
- of 12. Zaxby's.