Top best answers to the question «What does a dolphin have in its food chain»
- Phytoplankton are microscopic organisms that live by the millions in all oceans. They form the base of food webs by making their own food. The dolphins are a tertiary consumer in this food chain as well, since they eat secondary consumers: the tuna and mackerel.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «What does a dolphin have in its food chain?» often ask the following questions:
🌴 How does a dolphin fit in the food chain?
Answered 2013-01-07 17:53:11. Dolphins are not part of the food chain because they do not havea lot of predators. The only predators that dolphins have are humanand sharks.
- What is the food chain of bottlenose dolphin?
- What is a pink dolphin in a food chain?
- What is above the dolphin in the food chain?
🌴 What is the amazon river dolphin food chain?
Amazon River Dolphin Food Chain
It feeds on many different species of fish, particularly larger fish, like catfish, crustaceans, and even piranhas (large flesh eating fish known to attack humans). Catfish feed on other types of fish, making them a secondary consumer.
- What type of consumer is a dolphin in a food chain?
- What does ecological networks mean for animal food chain?
- What kind of food does the yangtze river dolphin have?
🌴 What is the food chain of a dolphin?
Dolphins are mammals which reside in sea and fresh waters. There are approximately 24 species of dolphins discovered of which most live in the seas and oceans, while just 4 species reside in river water. The pink dolphin is a fresh water mammal that lives in the Amazon River system. They are found in most of the sea waters which have temperate conditions and where food is in plenty.
- Who is at the top of the dolphin food chain?
- What is the narwhal food chain?
- What kind of dolphin does heaviside's dolphin have?
1 other answer
It starts from the sun, then the seaweed grows and the small fish eat it, the big fish eats them, then the dolphin eats the big fish, and finally the shark eats the dolphin and the killer whale eats the shark.
We've handpicked 21 related questions for you, similar to «What does a dolphin have in its food chain?» so you can surely find the answer!What are the pink dolphins food chain?
- Food Chain. The pink dolphin food chain is simple. And believe it or not the pink dolphin gets horribly eaten by use humans! Now here is the pink dolphin food chain. Alage - small fish - big fish - pink dolphin-HUMANS. Did you know: That pink dolphins locates a fish by sending out a sound from the top of its head.
- Pilot Whale Feeding The majority of the food that they eat is squid but they will also dine on various species of fish. Cephalopods, crustaceans, and octopus can also be part of the diet but it depends on where they live. They feed mainly at night and they will do so in water that is from 656 feet to 1,640 feet deep.
- Food Chain. The pink dolphin food chain is simple. And believe it or not the pink dolphin gets horribly eaten by use humans! Now here is the pink dolphin food chain. Alage – small fish – big fish – pink dolphin-HUMANS. Did you know: That pink dolphins locates a fish by sending out a sound from the top of its head.
Diet of the Black Dolphin Scientists know very little about black dolphins, and they are one of the least studied marine mammals in the world. There is literally no scientific study about the diet of these creatures. However, there are anecdotal accounts describing feeding behavior.What energy does a dolphin have?
How does a dolphin sleep like a human?
- Dolphins sleep in a very different way to the way we humans do. Humans have prolonged periods of unconscious sleep and we are not aware of our surroundings for periods of time while sleeping. Humans have a breathing reflex and when we sleep or become unconscious, we continue to breathe automatically.
Freshwater dolphins eat : Fish, Prawns, Turtles and they've even been known to snatch a bird on occasion....Does belize have dolphin?
Here in Belize, dolphins are most commonly seen in are Blackbird Caye and the three main atolls: Glover's Reef, Lighthouse Reef and Turneffe. But they can also be found in the waters that surround Ambergris Caye riding the bow wave of boats.Does dolphin have pokemon?
Dolphin. Dolphins offer a versatile template for Pokemon creation… But they can also be cold-blooded killing machines, since real-life dolphins havebeen observedcommitting infanticide on fellow dolphins and killing porpoises for no known reason other than that they find it amusing.Does dolphin have vulkan?
Posted by Dinierto: “Dolphin adds Vulkan support” Vulkan has been there for quite a while with its PR debug builds. So far 1:1 to desktop drivers with the same visual bug on Twilight Princess' mini-map turning into a black square briefly when pausing.Does malaysia have dolphin?
Common species in Malaysia include: Indo-Pacific finless porpoise (Neophocaena phocaenoides) Indo-Pacific humpback dolphin (Sousa chinensis) Indo-Pacific bottlenose dolphin (Tursiops aduncus)Does retroarch have dolphin?
Dolphin. Dolphin is a Wii and Gamecube emulator. It has been ported to libretro and an alpha version of the core is available now for Windows and Linux! Version for macOS will be released at a later date.What kind of food does a dolphin need?
- First, dolphins require a steady supply of fish and other aquatic species to survive. In some cases, dolphins may dive up to 700 ft. or more to find specific food that their body is used to and easily digest.
- Diet and Hunting Methods. These dolphins are known to consume a wide variety of different fish, squid and octopus as the main source of their diet. As with other species of dolphin it is likely that Heaviside’s dolphin uses echolocation to navigate the ocean and locate potential food.
- Sometimes venturing into the southern Chilean fjords, most of the time Peale’s dolphins are found swimming in shallow coastal waters like kelp beds looking for food. Among their favourite meals, Peale’s dolphins will happily eat small squid, octopuses, fish and crustaceans.
Dolphins have a closed circulatory system much like ours containing arteries, vein's, blood vessels, and capillaries They also have a slower heart beat because it give the blood more time to warm...What body type does a dolphin have?
Body Type. Dolphins have a streamlined fusiform body, adapted for fast swimming. The tail fin, called the fluke, is used for propulsion, while the pectoral fins together with the entire tail section provide directional control. The dorsal fin, in those species that have one, provides stability while swimming.What does a dolphin have a spine?
Dolphins are known as marine mammals and belong to the cetacean family which also includes whales and porpoises… In fact their spine and forelimb bones, which can be found in their flippers, still contain some of the bone structure and shape these mammals possessed when their ancestors walked on land.What sense does a dolphin not have?
A dolphin’s sense of touch is also well developed, with free nerve-endings densely packed into the skin, especially around the snout, pectoral fins and genital area. Something that is also very interesting is the fact that although dolphins lack a sense of smell, they do not lack a sense of taste as a result of not being able to smell. They ...What skin color does a dolphin have?
- A bottlenose dolphin's skin color is gray to dark gray on its back, fading to white on its lower jaw and belly. This coloration, a type of camouflage known as countershading , may help conceal a dolphin from predators and prey. When viewed from above, a dolphin's dark back surface blends with the dark depths.
When we eat, enzymes in our mouths help with breaking down the food as we chew it. This means that the process of digestion starts in our mouths. Dolphins on the other hand don't chew their food. The Dolphins use their teeth to just tear and grab their prey.Does a dolphin have blubber?
yes and you should've learned that in elementry school because im in second grade and i learned that in kindergarten