Top best answers to the question «What are the names of 5 different types of dolphin»
- The Different Types of Dolphins - Fact, and Information Bottlenose dolphin ( Tursiops truncatus) Common dolphin ( Delphinus delphis) Amazon river dolphin ( Inia geoffrensis) Ganges river dolphin ( Platanista gangetica) Commerson's dolphin ( Cephalorhynchus commersonii) Rough-toothed dolphin ( Steno bredanensis) Risso's dolphin ( Grampus griseus) Killer whale ( Orcinus orca) Spinner dolphin More items...
- Boto (Amazon River Dolphin),Inia geoffrensis – (Family Iniidae)
- Chinese River Dolphin (Baiji),Lipotes vexillifer (considered functionally extinct) – (Family Lipotidae)
- Ganges River Dolphin,Platanista gangetica gangetica and Indus River Dolphin,Platanista gangetica minor – (Family Platanistidae)
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «What are the names of 5 different types of dolphin?» often ask the following questions:
🌴 What are the different types of dolphin names?
- Clicker – Similar to the aforementioned name, Clicker refers to the sounds that dolphins make. Fin – Dolphins have fins on their backs, and it can even be their name. Short and cute, just like their actual fin!
- What are the names of the different types of loaches?
- What are the names of the different types of skunks?
- What are the different types of dolphin fish?
🌴 What are the names of different types of whales?
- Beaked Whales (Ziphiidae)
- Dwarf and Pygmy Sperm Whales (Kogiidae)
- Sperm Whales (Physeteroidea)
- Belugas and Narwhals (Monodontidae)
- Grey Whales (Eschrichtiidae)
- Pygmy Right Whales (Cetotheriidae)
- Right Whales (Balaenidae)
- Rorquals (Balaenopteridae)
- What are the different types of dolphin butterfly tattoos?
- What names dolphin?
- How are the different types of wallabies different?
🌴 What are the names of the different types of dolphins?
Types of Dolphins
- Amazon River Dolphin.
- Baiji Dolphin.
- Bottlenose Dolphin.
- Commerson's Dolphin.
- Common Dolphin.
- Dusky Dolphin.
- Hector's Dolphin.
- Irrawaddy Dolphin.
- What are some different types of dolphins?
- What are the different types of albatrosses?
- What are the different types of bandicoot?
3 other answers
I'll give you the 32 types the Bottlenose dolphin, the Killer Whale, the Common dolphin, the False Killer Whale, the Hector's dolphin, the Short-Finned Pilot Whale, the Commerson's dolphin, the Long-Finned Pilot Whale, the Black dolphin, the Atlantic Humpbacked dolphin, the Haeviside's dolphin, the Indo-Pacific Humpbacked dolphin, the Southern Right Whale dolphin, the Tucuxi, the Northern Right dolphin, the Pygmy Killer Whale, the Spotted dolphin, the Melon-Headed Whale, the Atlantic Spotted dolphin, the Irrawaddy dolphin, the Striped dolphin, the Rough-Toothed dolphin, the Spinner dolphin, the Risso's dolphin, the Clymene dolphin, the Fraser's dolphin, the White-Beaked dolphin, the Peale's dolphin, the Atlantic White-Sided dolphin, the Hourglass dolphin, the Pacific White-Sided dolphin and the Dusky dolphin.
Read this blog to learn about the different types of dolphins found in the ocean including the common dolphin, bottlenose dolphin, Atlantic spotted dolphin and more! Yes, we are open! Ample space for social distancing.
black dolphin Cephalorhynchus hectori : Hector's dolphin Lissodelphis borealis : northern right whale dolphin : Lissodelphis peronii : southern right whale dolphin: Grampus griseus Risso's dolphin Peponocephala electra
We've handpicked 23 related questions for you, similar to «What are the names of 5 different types of dolphin?» so you can surely find the answer!What are the different types of buffalo?
- The only true buffalo are the Asian water buffalo and the African buffalo. The American bison are actually very closely related to the Wisent, which are European bison. American bison are also somewhat closely related to cattle.
- 1 American Cockroach. Appearance: American cockroaches are reddish brown with a yellowish figure 8 pattern on the back of their head. 2 Brown-banded Cockroach. Appearance: Brown-banded cockroaches are brown with pronounced banding across their wings… 3 German Cockroach… 4 Oriental Cockroach…
There are over 32 types of salt water dolphins and 5 fresh water dolphins. The saltwater dolphins are the:
- bottolnose dolphin
- Killer Whale
- Common dolphin
- False Killer Whale
- Hector's dolphin
- Short-Finned Pilot Whale
- Commerson's dolphin
- Long-Finned Pilot Whale
- Black dolphin
- Atlantic Humpbacked dolphin
- Haeviside's dolphin
- Indo-Pacific Humpbacked dolphin
- Southern Right Whale dolphin
- Northern Right dolphin
- Pygmy Killer Whale
- Spotted dolphin
- Melon-Headed Whale
- Atlantic Spotted dolphin
- Irrawaddy dolphin
- Striped dolphin
- Rough-Toothed dolphin
- Spinner dolphin
- Risso's dolphin
- Clymene dolphin
- Fraser's dolphin
- White-Beaked dolphin
- Peale's dolphin
- Atlantic White-Sided dolphin
- Hourglass dolphin
- Pacific White-Sided dolphin
- Dusky dolphin
- Yangtze River Dolphin.
- True falcons are further classified under three groups: Falcons are the largest and most powerful birds, that belong to the genus Falco, and include bird species like the Peregrine falcon and the Gyrfalcon, the latter being the largest member of the falcon family.
- The most popular species include the gulf, winter, summer, southern, olive, European, and witch Flounders, and the halibut. Read on to learn about the Flounder.
- Some of them include the Geomys bursarius ozarkensis, the Geomys bursarius illinoensis, and the Geomys bursarius missouriensis. Subspecies of the gopher, or pocket gopher, live throughout the United States and down into Mexico. See all of our entertaining and insightful animal articles.
- Some variations that distinguish the classifications of gorilla include varying density, size, hair colour, length, culture, and facial widths. Population genetics of the lowland gorillas suggest that the western and eastern lowland populations diverged around 261 thousand years ago.
- The other kookaburra species include the spangled kookaburra, shovel-billed kookaburra, rufous-bellied kookaburra, and blue-winged kookaburra. As the name suggests, the laughing kookaburra is the most vocal of the kookaburra species. The Laughing Maniac – As the name suggests, the laughing kookaburra has a distinctive vocal pattern.
- Types 1 Classic Llama (Ccara Sullo) 2 Medium Llama 3 Suri Llama 4 Vicuna Llamas 5 Wooly Llama More ...
- In the past, the relatively short-furred and short-tailed marmots of the Palearctic region, i.e. Himalayan, Tarbagan, gray and forest-steppe, all were regarded as subspecies of the bobak marmot. The Himalayan marmot has a dense woolly fur that is rufous grey on the back and rufous yellowish on ears, belly and limbs.
- There are three recognized subspecies of the common nightingale, each with a different geographical distribution. The western nightingale resides in Western Europe, North Africa, and Asia Minor for most of the year and then winters in sub-Saharan Africa. The Caucasian nightingale is endemic to a swath of territory between the Caucasus and Iran.
- These species are: Scimitar-horned Oryx (Oryx dammah) of the North African deserts who are now possibly extinct in the wild and only have small populations living in protected areas. Arabian Oryx (Oryx leucoryx), which is the smallest species and lived the Arabian Peninsula before it became extinct in the wild in 1972.
- Pacific oysters (including blue point oysters, Shigoku oysters and Kumiai oysters), Japanese oysters, and Atlantic Eastern oysters are some of the most popular types of oysters. True oysters are a type of saltwater mollusk (phylum Mollusca). Most species of edible oysters belong to the superfamily Ostreoidea.
- The seven different types of pademelons are Tasmanian, Brown’s, dusky, Calaby’s, mountain, redlegged and red-necked. The dusky pademelon has had many names. In the past, locals called it the Aru Islands wallaby.
- Pheasants are part of the Phasianidae family and there are a few different species of pheasants found all over the world. The most popular or common known pheasant is the common pheasant. The male pheasant is highly decorative with lots of bright feathers and a much longer tail while females are much plainer.
- The porpoise family has seven porpoise species: harbour porpoise; vaquita (critically endangered); Burmeister’s porpoise; spectacled porpoise; Indo-Pacific finless porpoise; narrow-ridged finless porpoise; and Dall’s porpoise (the largest). Porpoises are generally small (less than 2.5m long); they live in coastal, offshore and some river habitats.
- The subspecies known as the Sonoran pronghorn ( A. a. sonoriensis) occurs in Arizona and Mexico. Other subspecies include the Mexican pronghorn ( A. a. mexicana ), the Oregon pronghorn ( A. a. oregona ), and the critically endangered Baja California pronghorn ( A. a. peninsularis ).
- Sawfishes currently kept in public aquaria include: the dwarf sawfish ( Pristis clavata ), the freshwater sawfish ( Pristis microdon ), the smalltooth sawfish ( Pristis pectinata ), and the green sawfish ( Pristis zijsron ).
- Different species of skunk vary in appearance from black-and-white to brown, cream or ginger colored, but all have warning coloration. While related to polecats and other members of the weasel family, skunks have as their closest relatives the Old World stink badgers.
there are 15 thousand different types of termites.
- 1 Red-billed tropicbird P. aethereus (tropical Atlantic, eastern Pacific, and Indian oceans) 2 Red-tailed tropicbird, P. rubricauda (Indian Ocean and the western and central tropical Pacific) 3 White-tailed tropicbird, P. lepturus (widespread in tropical waters, except in the eastern Pacific)
- Gray/grey wolf ( Canis lupus ): this is the most common type of wolf, and most other wolves are considered subspecies of the gray wolf. African golden wolf ( Canis anthus ): there have been debates as to whether this wolf is a subspecies of the gray wolf or the golden jackal, but it is presently considered a separate species in its own right.
- Wrasse come in a dazzling array of colors ranging from red, orange, yellow, blue, green, purple, brown and black. Although a fairly common species of marine aquarium fish, it is important to thoroughly research each species of wrasse due to their varying temperaments. For example, some species of wrasse can also only be kept in pairs or in harems.